PS4 owners still have to wait until December 20th for the Survival DLC, but the developers announced on twitter today that a patch updating The Division to version 1.5 would be available on November 29th.
Here are some of the highlights from the patch notes. They will be adding a world tier 5 with higher enemy NPCs, named gear, and an increase in the stash size from 70 to 150. As with any game, there are skill and weapon tweaks, including what looks to be a reduction in the power and accuracy of shotguns.
Check out the full patch notes, and scroll down to the bottom to see if your favorite bug was patched.
- Added World Tier 5 bracket (224+ GS)
- Enemy NPCs are level 34.
- Maximum Gear Score raised to 256.
- Heroic Incursions are now available in Tier 5 only.
- Named Gear items have been implemented in the game. One piece is available for each Gear Slot and each one comes with a unique Talent. Named Gear items can only be acquired in World Tier 5 or in Survival game mode.
- [Mask] Ferro’s oxygen mask: Players can move and shoot while under burn status effect.
- [Knee Pads] Shortbow championship pads: Grenades have shortened fuse timer.
- [Holster] Colonel Bliss’ holster: Powerful improvements for sidearms.
- [Gloves] Skulls MC gloves: Increased damage when no gear set bonuses are active.
- [Chestpiece] Barrett’s bulletproof: Powerful bonuses when skills are on cooldown.
- [Backpack] NinjaBike messenger bag: Less DZ loot and DZ XP lost when dying in the Dark Zone.
- Enemy Armor Damage now functions in PVP: damage calculation in PvP ignores a percentage of the target’s armor equal to one third of the shooter’s Enemy Armor Damage.
- Stagger now functions in PvP: high-stagger weapons (Shotguns and Marksman rifles primarily) will now cause the target’s aim to flinch.
- Tactical Advance: This talent will now provide a maximum of 30% damage increase.
- Stash size has been increased from 70 to 150 total items.
Loot, rewards & vendors
- NPCs now have chances to drop crafting materials. Chances to drop higher quality increases with World Tiers.
- Season Pass Open World Supply Drops will now scale with World Tier. Opening a supply drop in World Tier 1 will reward with Gear Score 163, 182 in World Tier 2, etc.
- Items in the Scavenger crate in the Base of Operations will now scale with World Tier.
- Vendors will now scale to player’s Gear Score, independently from the World Tier they’re in. This means that the Gear Score and currency value of goods they sell will adapt to the player’s Gear Score.
- We have adjusted the Credits and Phoenix Credits rewards for Main Missions, High Value Targets and Incursions to better scale with World Tier. This results in an overall increase starting from World Tier 4 and above.
- Modified rewards from completing weekly assignments:
- Moved 30 Phoenix Credits from the weekly assignment reward to put them inside the weekly assignment cache (the total amount is still the same)
- Added one extra High-End Mod inside the weekly assignment cache
- Swift: Reload Speed bonus has been increased from 15% to 25%.
- Provident: This talent has been removed from World Tier 5 and will not roll or be available in recalibration for Gear Score 256 weapons.
- Hurried, Focused and Disciplined are no longer exclusive to PP19, G36 and SVDs.
- All Weapon types
- Hip fire now has stronger recoil than aiming down sights. The strength of this effect varies between weapon types. From most impacted to least impacted: Marksman Rifles, LMGs, Assault Rifles, SMGs, Shotguns, Pistols.
- Vector 45 ACP & First Wave Vector 45 ACP: base magazine size increased to 25.
- MP7: base damage increased by 9%.
- Damage to targets out of cover bonus has been slightly reduced for all LMGs of Gear Score 256.
- M60: base damage reduced by 3%.
- M60 & M249 now take longer to reach full accuracy when fired.
- Hungry Hog: base damage reduced by 13%, to prevent a scaling overlap with the implementation of World Tier 5.
- Lowered the strength of aim assist for Shotguns.
- Lowered the effect of accuracy on Shotguns.
- Headshot base bonus reduced from 80% to 60%.
- Showstopper: Accuracy while in cover has been reduced.
- M870: base damage reduced by 12%.
- Added 12 new weapon types. These weapon types can only be dropped in World Tier 5:
- MG5 Light Machinegun
- Infantry MG5 Light Machinegun
- Famas Assault Rifle
- Model 700 Marksman Rifle
- M700 Tactical Marksman Rifle
- M700 Carbon Marksman Rifle
- Converted USC Submachinegun
- Police UMP-45 Submachinegun
- Tactical UMP-45 Submachinegun
- Snub nosed Rhino Pistol
- Rhino Pistol
- Rhino Special Pistol
- Added 4 new High-End named weapons (available at various gear scores depending on source):
- Golden Rhino
- Urban MDR Assault Rifle
- Tommy Gun
- Thompson M1928
- Final Measure
- 4 pieces: Grenades can now be picked up every 8 seconds instead of 15 seconds.
- Hunter’s Faith
- 3 pieces: Headshot bonus reduced from 20% to 10%.
- FrontLine has been added
- 2 pieces: +15% Protection from Elites
- 3 pieces: +30% Ballistic Shield Health
- 4 pieces: Allows using anSMG if one is equipped when Ballistic Shield is deployed. SMG Crit Chance is reduced to 0%